The Best Reasons to Visit Luxembourg
Luxembourg or Luxembourg City as the capital city is called is an attractive city with green, picturesque landscapes and rolling hills. The city also has many historic sites which are very well contrasted with modern architecture and culture. In fact, the city has been divided into two significant parts. First, the delightful city center that has also been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and second, the modern area downtown that is home to Luxembourg’s booming financial sector. You will thus be besotted by the cities’ amazing contrast in culture and excellent homage to its heritage.
When planning a trip to Luxembourg, there are a few things that you should keep in mind, for example, the weather. Luxembourg has a moderate climate and hence is a great place to visit at any time of the year. However, the region is always very prone to rainfall so make sure you have an umbrella handy every time you step out of the house. The traditional “visiting season” would be anytime between mid- April and October. Wine connoisseurs would do well to visit the city in Mid-September in order to experience the much coveted Grevenmacher Wine and Grape Festival.
Unlike other European cities, navigation around Luxembourg will not be a problem. The people here speak German, French as well as English and the public transport system here is amazing. Buses, trains, reasonably priced vehicle rentals, everything is available here. Another popular option here is horseback riding. Many agencies in fact offer horse back tours or tours in horse carriages. Equestrian courses are also available here.
When it comes to sites and attractions, Luxembourg sure has a lot to offer you. You can brush up your history or buy some expensive china or even sit at a bar while enjoying a Pinot Noir, Luxembourg sure has a lot to offer you. Start your tour of the city with the Wenzel Walk. This trail is like a time machine that takes you a thousand years back in time in just a hundred minutes. This trail takes you through what is probably the oldest part of the city, allowing you to take in all the sights and sounds of the area. Amongst the other beautiful sites here, you shall see, the Bock Promontory and the red stoned Castle Bridge. The Ulrich Church, probably one of the oldest parishes in the world, will enthrall you with its beautiful architecture.
Next, try to navigate your way through a network of underground fortifications called the Bock Casemates. Almost fourteen miles of underground passages, some of these are as deep as a hundred and thirty-one feet. These casemates have been nicknamed “The Gibraltar of the North”. This site is said to be the cradle in which Luxembourg was born and the crypts here convey why and how this massive network was built.
Your next destination should be the Luxembourg City History Museum which is a must on your travel list if you have children coming along. This Museum relates the history of the city through objects and high-end multimedia technology which is very interactive and ensures that the kids have a fun time while they learn. The most interesting exhibit here is the scale model that traces the cities’ evolution from the tenth century onwards. The Museum often has special exhibits that are highly interesting and educational and you should make sure you enquire about these special exhibits before planning your visits.
Luxembourg is a beautiful city and the gradual evolution of the city over the ages has given it an element of sophistication and elegance that is truly unparalleled. A visit to Luxembourg and you will realize that this small city hardly gets the attention that it deserves.
Renting a room or studio in Luxembourg City is quite expensive comparing to other Western European cities. Standard room prices range something between 600–900 EUR/month. you can find some offers at Vauban&Fort. For that price you can get furnished rooms and including all charges.
- 10 Best Amusement Parks for Families in the US
- Exploring Fuerteventura’s Unspoiled Beaches and Remote Areas with a Rented Car
- France Ski Resort: Is A Family Skiing Holiday A Good Idea?
- Top 5 Fun Things to Do When You Visit Athens
- Island Exploration: Menorca, Spain
- 5 Free Must-See Destinations In Paris
- Things to do in Oslo
- Five Simple Tips for Taking Hop-on Hop-off Buses in Budapest
- Campervan Hires in Fuerteventura
- Tourist Attractions in Spain : Diverse & Comprehensive
- Greece: A great family vacation in Keramoti
- What to Consider Before Visiting Paris
- How to Take the Ultimate Campervan Road Trip in Fuerteventura?
- Helsinki Attractions
- Six Things You Need To Avoid When in Budapest
- Hollókő: a traditional Hungarian village
- The Best Reasons to Visit Luxembourg
- Island Exploration: Menorca, Spain
- Best island destinations in Greece
- Treblinka extermination camp
- Barcelona Tourist Attractions – Certainly Worthy
- Majorca Attractions – Purely for Family and Children!
- The best of Lanzarote for families
- Best beaches in Gran Canaria
- Travel Around the World at Low Cost
- A Family Holiday in Rhodes
- Top 5 inspiring places to visit in London
- The Greek Islands – History’s Stepping Stones