Top 5 Fun Things to Do When You Visit Athens
Athens is a bubbly city established among breathtaking hills and surrounded by beautiful mountains. Inhabited for more than 2,000 years, Athens is popularly known as the birthplace of Western civilization and the home of democracy. Made up of a large city center, metropolitan area, and urban district, Athens presents a blend of ancient and modern cultures.
Athens is well-known for its archaeological ruins. However, this city is not just about ancient remains. This lively city is also an excellent destination for culture, mouth-watering cuisines, sports, and nightlife. Athens is a large city and quite tricky to navigate as a newcomer. That’s why there are a lot of companies providing Athens Airport transfers for you. These services come with good drivers and great cars that will take you to your destination safely.
If you are planning to visit Athens anytime soon, here is a list of some fun things you can do.
1. Climb to the Acropolis
Catching a view of the ancient Acropolis is the most common thing to do in Athens. This place can be very crowdy because everyone wants to go there, so you need to go early. The site opens around 8 am and people start to arrive around by 10 -11 am so you need to get there around 9 am. When you get there, you can get a breathtaking view of places like the Theatre of Dionsys (oldest theatre in Greece), Byzantine and Christian Museum, etc.
2. Visit Hadrian’s Library
If that does not interest you, you can see Hadrian’s library. It is a fun place to visit. The Hadrian library is not like the libraries we have today. It was a place where people go to study, not a place where you can get books.
3. Visit the Edem Beach
Next on the list is Edem Beach. Athens has a lot of beautiful beaches, and Edem is on the top of that list. You can relax and enjoy the soothing beach waves, play some beach games like volleyball and even build sand castles. You can also get a tasty dish at the Edem Taverna situated on the beach.
4. Go to the Benaki Museum
If you want to know about Greek culture, the Benaki Museum is the ideal place you need to visit. This famous museum houses Greek culture from ancient to modern times. When you visit the Benaki Museum, you will get a chance to mesmerizing sculptures, fascinating swords, historical documents and a lot more.
5. Break Things at Limba Rage Room
For most people when they feel stressed out or boiling in anger, they have this urge to smash something. Well, if you are this kind of person, then the LImba Rage Room is a place to let out your anger or emotions. When you get there, you will buy a package. This package may include bottles, plates, glasses, etc. After buying your package, all you have to do is smash them! It is a good stress reviler and one of the most fun things to do in Athens.
- 10 Best Amusement Parks for Families in the US
- Exploring Fuerteventura’s Unspoiled Beaches and Remote Areas with a Rented Car
- France Ski Resort: Is A Family Skiing Holiday A Good Idea?
- Top 5 Fun Things to Do When You Visit Athens
- Island Exploration: Menorca, Spain
- 5 Free Must-See Destinations In Paris
- Things to do in Oslo
- Five Simple Tips for Taking Hop-on Hop-off Buses in Budapest
- Campervan Hires in Fuerteventura
- Tourist Attractions in Spain : Diverse & Comprehensive
- Greece: A great family vacation in Keramoti
- What to Consider Before Visiting Paris
- How to Take the Ultimate Campervan Road Trip in Fuerteventura?
- Helsinki Attractions
- Six Things You Need To Avoid When in Budapest
- Hollókő: a traditional Hungarian village
- The Best Reasons to Visit Luxembourg
- Island Exploration: Menorca, Spain
- Best island destinations in Greece
- Treblinka extermination camp
- Barcelona Tourist Attractions – Certainly Worthy
- Majorca Attractions – Purely for Family and Children!
- The best of Lanzarote for families
- Best beaches in Gran Canaria
- Travel Around the World at Low Cost
- A Family Holiday in Rhodes
- Top 5 inspiring places to visit in London
- The Greek Islands – History’s Stepping Stones