6 Life-Changing Destination Spas In the US
2017 has been a tough year, and it’s only the first quarter. From the turbulent work-life balance to the economic uncertainty caused by Brexit, it is only natural that you deserve a break. One where you can relax in warm soothing environs while an expert masseuse works their magic on your strained muscles.
The US is home to several healing, life-altering, dreamy spas. With an ambiance that seduces you into total resignation, it is the guaranteed place to take a long-overdue vacation.
Some spas specialise in aromatherapy which is the art of healing with scented oils. Others use tactile acupuncture to free up pressure in various parts of the body. Still, there’s the good old full-body massage to work wonders on tense nerves. Whichever method you prefer, you are sure to find something for you in America. Below is a list of 6 highly-acclaimed spas you should visit.
Are you a citizen of a Visa Waiver Country?
It is worth noting that before you travel to the United State, if you are a citizen of a Visa Waiver Country, it is mandatory to complete an ESTA application. This is an electronic permit that allows you travel to the country. Failure to obtain one could see you delayed (or sent back) at the airport.
Destination spas are worth packing up and travelling for, even if for a weekend. Here are 7 destination spas in the US.
Trailhead Spa, Saratoga, Wyoming
This coveted spa sits on a 30,000-acre lodge at Bush Creek Ranch. Voted number 1 spa by the Conde Nast Traveller readers’ choice awards, the Trailhead Spa provides a total relaxation and a wellness experience. It incorporates the traditional treatment of the American West and native elements to provide a uniquely enriching feeling.
Among its features is a yoga therapy offered on a deck facing the Sierra Madre Mountains. But that not all, it is done in a heated yurt. Trailhead Spa uses whole organic ingredients and performs some of its treatments in a tepee sage cleanse. The massage is often performed with soothing warm basalt river stones.
The Lodge at Woodloch, Hawley, Pennsylvania
Located some 100 miles from New York City and Philadelphia, this Poconos Spa resort is perched on a 150-acre woodland-acre. It features three gardens, a library with a breath-taking lake-view and a grand size swimming pool. For those who wish to get their workout, there are three fitness studios and a warm fireplace called the “Whisper Lounge”.
A sanctuary for the senses, this spa also offers HydroMassage Waterwalls at the Aqua Garden. To add beauty to the spa is the surrounding natural habitat which guests can select to be as relaxed or active as they want. The Lodge’s specialty is a massage performed with muds-and-suds, usually capped off by a Dogfish Head cider.
Waldorf Astoria Chicago Spa and Health Club, Chicago
If you want a full body relaxation treatment, turn to this urban sanctuary for professional massage, facials and salon services. You can also swim laps in a pool floored with thousands of mosaic coloured tiles. A special ashiatsu massage is performed by a therapist who uses his or her bare-feet to deliver a deep-tissue pressure.
There are other treatments that present a soothing and re-energizing experience for its deserving guests. At the health club is an array of modern cardiovascular and strength training equipment useful for toning abs and gluts. Want something nice for your hair? Check out Rachel Zoe’s latest Dream dry outpost for a braid or blowout.
Gage Spa, Marathon, Texas
Since its inception in 1927, the 45-room Gage Hotel is only 40 miles from the renowned Big Bend National Park. However, you can get your nature fix from the 27-acre Gage Gardens. Guests can select from a variety of options which include a special mud treatment that uses sarsaparilla and black silt in the chic-countryside spa.
Have you ever taken time to relax and unwind in a hydrating Eucalyptus steam room? You can enjoy that experience at Gage Spa. Or you could opt for a relaxing dip in the long stretch of Gage Hotels heated pool. What else could be more uplifting than a massage therapy by the trained hands experienced masseuses? From facials to body treatment and other extensive packages, you will find them at Gage Spa.
Stein Eriksen Lodge Spa, Utah
Some of the attractive features available at the Spa a Stein Eriksen Lodge include a hot and cold immersion pool, morning and evening yoga classes and ski boot-relief massages. All offered to provide respite from the mental and physical strain of everyday life. The Stein Eriksen property has over 145 stone fireplaces where you can choose to unwind après ski.
The massive pools with thousands of tessellated tiles provide a fitting mode of relaxation in the outdoors. You can float away in total abandon as the gentle wind directs you across the crystal-clear water. There are also wet treatment rooms, manicure/pedicure stations makeup and hairdo salon.
Lazy You Spa, Colorado
This aptly named spa presents an idyllic atmosphere for anyone looking to get lost for a while. It boasts of Creekside treatment tents, some of which have glass floors that allow you to see the flowing water underneath. Further within, are a set of deep copper soaking tubs that overlook the Continental Divide, giving the Ranch’s spa an easy-going luxury feel.
When the temperature falls, treatments occur in a cosy heated cabin and skew wintery. Lazy You Spa also offers a fine combination of moisturising facials and peppermint salt scrubs. Therapists guarantee a radiant skin glow when you leave the facility. With the number of growing positive reviews, it’s easy to see why Lazy You is that spa to visit in Colorado.
Every day, unbeknown to us, we put our bodies through stress and rigour. Work, school run, and even domestic activity can leave us feeling tired and drained. The next vacation provides an opportunity to travel to any of these spa locations and restore that missing vitality.
- 10 Best Amusement Parks for Families in the US
- Virginia Beach Attractions – The Memorable Experience of 3 Million Tourists!
- Fun Family-Friendly Destinations for Toddlers
- Attractions in Golden Gate Park – A Paradise for Humans, Flora, and Fauna
- Fun Stuff To Do In Huntington Beach
- Gatlinburg Attractions – Family (Fun + Adventure)
- Miami Family Weekend
- Charleston Tourist Attractions – Truly Historic!
- Discovering the c/o The Maidstone Hotel, East Hampton
- Discover on-site hotels and resorts at Disneyworld
- Caples Lake Resort Close to Tahoe, El Dorado National Forest
- Miami Family Weekend
- Gatlinburg Attractions – Family (Fun + Adventure)
- Tourist Attractions in Destin Florida – An Excellent City for Beach Holiday
- 6 Life-Changing Destination Spas In the US
- Kentucky Tourist Attractions – The Homeland of Abraham Lincoln
- Attractions in Seattle Washington – Great Going!
- Niagara Falls Attractions – Countless to Choose
- Attractions in Pensacola Beach – Historical + Natural
- Ohio Tourist Attractions – Simply Soaking!
- Memphis Attractions – All-inclusive!
- Nashville Tourist Attractions – A Profitable Deal with the Music City!
- St Louis Attractions – Over 100!
- Oregon Tourist Attractions – Mostly Natural!
- Detroit Attractions – Fusion of all Types of Charms
- Orlando Florida Attractions – Home of Mickey Mouse
- Atlanta Tourist Attractions – Really Unique!
- Chicago Tourist Attractions – Arts + Nature + Architecture
- Honolulu Attractions – The Most Awaited Tourist City in Hawaii
- Indianapolis Tourist Attractions – Must See Once
- Toronto Attractions – As Diverse as the City!