Top 10 Reasons A Motorhome Vacation Is Better Than Flying
If you’re planning your next family vacation, consider visiting your local RV dealers instead of searching for expensive flight packages. Family motor home vacations offer many benefits and opportunities for adventure that flying simply cannot. Here are the top 10 reasons to make your next vacation an RV-cation.
- Do more wherever you go. Motor homes allow you to go just about anywhere and be fully equipped for a fun time. Tailgate parties and roadside campgrounds are made better when you have an RV fully equipped with a kitchen, bathroom, TV and tables. Wherever your destination is, you’ll always have what you need to relax and enjoy your vacation.
- No cramped seats. Planes are stuffy and uncomfortable places. No matter how fast a plane can get you where you need to go, nothing compares to the comfort and personal space that a quality RV can provide.
- Can’t beat a moveable bed. With an RV, you’ll have a comfortable place to stretch out and sleep for the night no matter where you are. That’s something no airline can beat, and it’s sure better than missing a connection and having to spend the night at the airport terminal.
- No dealing with crabby flight attendants. Since the increase in security paranoia after 9/11, service on airplanes seems to have gotten worse. In addition to having to sit in a cramped seat for hours, you also have to deal with the bad service and a lackluster set of food and beverage options. By contrast, traveling by motor home means you can bring whatever you want to eat on the road and no having to deal with the in-flight service!
- RVs let you experience the open road. Perhaps the biggest benefit of a motor home vacation is that it lets you experience your travel route like no other travel option does. If you need to be on the other side of the country for a business meeting tomorrow morning, sure, take the plane. But if you want a fun family vacation that lets you see the country close up and in comfort, there’s nothing like traveling in an RV.
- You can’t land a plane in the middle of Yosemite. Enough said. A motor home can take you directly to your destination, even if it’s a national park, and when you get there, you don’t have to worry about where you’ll spend the night or how you’ll get back.
- No security checkpoints. Foregoing plane travel and hopping on a motor home means no long security lines, no pat-downs no x-ray machines, and best of all, no getting your aftershave bottle confiscated for being over 3 liquid ounces.
- Make your own schedule. With air travel, you always have to hurry to be on time, and if you miss a departure or a connection, you have a huge ordeal ahead of you. Motor homes let you make your own schedule. Take off whenever you want and rest whenever you want.
- No bad plane smell. Cramped planes tend to smell bad. There’s no two ways about it. And if you get stuck next to an air-sick passenger, you don’t even have the option of rolling down the window to air out the stench.
- No hotel expenses. Long flights can be expensive enough, but once you get to your destination, you have to worry about lodging. With an RV, the lodging is taken care of already; all you have to worry about is where you want to go next.
Purchasing an RV is an investment that will pay dividends for many years to come, and whether you’re looking at new RV’s for sale or used RV’s for sale, there are enough options that you’ll be sure to find something that fits your family and your budget.